This creed (statement of belief) is not to be found in the bible as versed below, but indeed, it does reflect the Apostles’ Creed and teachings as we read in the Gospel; and thus the true foundation of Christianity. Hence the title ‘Apostles’ Creed’. This creed was probably first composed and written about 150 years after the last Apostle had died; but indeed, it existed in its entirety, and has been espoused by true believers, from the day Jesus resurrected.
You may still find a creed which reeds that Jesus descended into hell, but this is erroneous versing: hell was a place where the Jews buried their sinners, but Jesus was buried in an expensive cave owned by the husband of his Mother, Mary. And in the revelations, we also read that God will destroy the earth with the sinners who shall stay behind. Hence the term ‘Burn in Hell’.
Pseudo-Christianity of the Catholics
The term ‘Catholic‘ in the creeds was added later by the Church that would develop into the fornicating Pseudo-Catholic Churches as we know them today, Roman or Protestant-Catholics. ‘Holy Catholic’ meaning ‘holy universal: international/global/the entire world encompassing’, was a perfect distinguishing substitute for ‘Holy Church’ and better than ‘Holy Christian Church’ or ‘Common Church’ for there were other Christian Churches in the world. But the Romans, being Nicolaitans, were focused on universal control, through conquering by deceit and theatrical enchantment. Thus it would seem as if, universally, the Roman Church was the ‘Holy Church’.
But, today true Believers and Christians do not refer to themselves or their Churches as ‘Catholic’, but as ‘Christian’ or ‘Christian Church’. Because the word ‘Catholic’, first designed and exploited by the Roman Catholics, whilst fornicating against God with offences as deceit, murder, and sexual perversions, has thus been defiled to exhaustion. And such is thier fornication that God (with foreknowledge) condemned them.
Any reader of the Gospel will understand that the Christian Church is the Assembly of the Repented and Baptized persons: The Holy.
Here the earliest written form of The Apostles’ Creed, pure and perfectly versed.
I believe in God the Father almighty;
and in Christ Jesus His only Son, our Lord,
Who was born from the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary,
Who under Pontius Pilate was crucified and buried,
on the third day rose again from the dead,
ascended into heaven,
sits at the right hand of the Father,
whence he will come to judge the living and the dead;
and in the Holy Spirit, the holy Church, (note: not ‘Holy Catholic. The Romans added that later’) the remission of sins, the resurrection of the flesh, life everlasting.
ELCC translation of 1988. The Apostles’ Creed as we know it today.
I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again;
he ascended into heaven,
he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy Catholic Church, (ELCC should have omitted ‘Catholic’, but they maintained it. The Holy Common Church would be perfect.)
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
The Danish Version
Vi forsager Djævelen og alle hans gerninger og alt hans væsen. (Forsagelsen, red.)
Vi tror på Gud Fader, den almægtige,
himmelens og jordens skaber.
Vi tror på Jesus Kristus,
hans enbårne Søn, vor Herre,
som er undfanget ved Helligånden,
født af Jomfru Maria,
pint under Pontius Pilatus,
korsfæstet, død og begravet,
nedfaret til Dødsriget,
på tredje dag opstanden fra de døde,
opfaret til himmels,
siddende ved Gud Faders, den almægtiges, højre hånd,
hvorfra han skal komme at dømme levende og døde.
Vi tror på Helligånden,
den hellige, almindelige kirke,
de helliges samfund, syndernes forladelse,
kødets opstandelse og det evige liv.
Amen. (Trosbekendelsen, red.)
The Danish Version in English
We forsake the devil and all his deeds and all his being. (The Delay, ed.)
We believe in God the Father, the Almighty,
the creator of heaven and earth.
We believe in Jesus Christ,
his only begotten Son, our Lord,
conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
pint under Pontius Pilate,
crucified, dead and buried,
descended to the Kingdom of Death,
on the third day the resurrection from the dead,
ascended into heaven,
seated at the right hand of God the Father, the Almighty
from where he must come to judge living and dead. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy, ordinary church, ( Note: The Danes quite early distinguished the real Christian church from the church which developed into the unordinary ‘Catholic Church’ as we know it today).
the community of the saints, the remission of sins,
the resurrection of the flesh and the eternal life.
Amen. (Creed, ed.)
( which is the Apostle’s Creed and the creed of every ‘Christian’, Jesus-defined, and not of men’s making )
Meaning of Saint in the times of Moses and of Jesus: One who answered God’s calling. Ref: CHR
Meaning of Christ/Messiah: Son of God, Saviour, Anointed one.
Church House: a place where the doctrine of Christ is preached; a place where Christians and believers gather in the name of Christ, commonly called ‘Church’ Ref: PHM. So, in its pure form, this is the gathering place of the members of, and believers in the ‘Christian Church’ (of which the Gospel Jesus gave us is the constitution). And this Gospel one must follow to become a Christian and thus a member of Jesus’ Church.
1) I believe that since the last person to have heard the Gospel from Jesus in person has died, we only have the accounts published in the Gospels,
2) written with the assistance of The Holy Ghost JOH 14:26, by those who have seen the events that occurred and have heard the Gospel that was taught from Jesus his own mouth back then, as proof of the truth.
3) Since then these accounts have been reproduced numerous times, and invariable grammars, but, through God’s intervention,
4) Always so that, would a reproduction contain erroneous or falsified messages conveyed as the word of God, on any subject essential to obtaining salvation, the evidence of this corruption will also be present in the Gospel, so that the chosen are saved from damnation.
5) I believe these accounts to be the only authoritative source of God’s will, containing all knowledge necessary to enable a believer to obtain salvation and holiness.
6) I believe in God, the Father Almighty: maker of heaven and earth. Ref: GENESIS
7) And in Jesus Christ as his only Son, our sole master and the only mediator between God and men, Ref: TI1 2: 5
8) Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born as the first child of Mary, wife of Joseph, while she was still a virgin, Ref: MAT 1: 18, MAT 13: 55
9) Suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. Ref: LUKE 23: 26:
10) On the third day He rose again from the dead, ascended into heaven and was seated at the right hand of God. Ref:LUKE 23: 52 and LUKE 24: 3
11) From thence he shall come to judge the living and the dead. Ref: Revelation 20: 1
12) I believe in the Holy Spirit as a spiritual part of God, Ref: MAT 1: 18
13) The gift of the Holy Spirit, without the intervention of men, to those who have repented and have baptized, praying that they may receive it Ref: LUKE 11: 13
14) The forgiveness of sins committed before conversion, through believe (faith) in Jesus, repentance and baptism, Ref: MAR 1: 4, LUK 3: 3, HEB 10: 18
15) The spiritual conversion of a person from believer to Christian, Saint and Holy Being, through repentance and baptism alone.
Ref: ACT 2: 38
16) The resurrection of the body to everlasting life or everlasting death on the days of resurrection, Ref: Rev – 20: 1/6
17) And the promise of life everlasting in heaven for those who answer the calling of Jesus, becoming Christian. Ref: Rev 20: 6
18) The spiritual union, Sainthood and Holiness of those who have repented and have baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Ref: GAL 3: 28
If anything in this creed is a misbelief, do not hold your peace, but speak, and proof it: for else you shall be guilty of neglecting that which you as a Christian are bound to preserve!
(Beware: I advise you pray for the Holy Ghost because so very few bearers of the name ‘Christian’ are, indeed, Christian and thus would not possess the Holy Spirit to pass it on to you by the laying on of hands).
First modified (4) on 20-05-2018. Concerning the Matt 28:19 falsification.